Friday, July 25, 2014

Bus Conductor Proved Filipinos Genuinely Helpful

A Facebook post was published on Friday night, July 25, 2014, where Patrick Vega told a story on how a 'faith in humanity restored'.

bus conductor helped a citizen by giving 50 pesos

Here's the story:
On July 23, 2014 at around 7 am, I rode a bus going to SM Fairview when I realized my wallet was missing. Knowing that I'll be unable to pay for my fare, I immediately told the bus conductor to drop me at the nearest gas station.

It was raining hard. "Sige, hayaan mo nalang muna," he replied. (Alright, don't worry about it for now.)

When he finished issuing tickets, he returned to sit beside me and asked: "Saan ba nawala? Uso talaga ang dukotan ngayon lalo na't mahirap kumita ng pera." (Where did you lose it? Robbery is rampant nowadays especially because it's hard to earn money.)

I was surprised when he handed over 50 pesos. "Ito oh. Pang backup mo. Sigurado zero ka n'yan. Balik mo nalang pag nagkita tayo." (Here. Use this for backup. I'm sure you have nothing left on you now. Return it to me when we see each other.)

When I refused to accept his offer, he said "Kapag di mo tinanggap 'to, sisingilin kita sa pamasahe. Magkikita pa tayo. Liit lang ng Maynila." (If you refuse to accept this, I will ask you to pay. We'll see each other again. Manila is small.)

That day, I realized that Filipinos are genuinely helpful, and that everyone can be a blessing to anyone.

It's in our hands.

Thank you, Mr. Agusto Liwanag of Mannrose Liner. Saludo ako sa'yo!

#EverydayHero #MabuhayAngMalasakit!

All credits goes to:
Patrick Vega
Definitely Filipino (permalink: https://www.facebook.com/i.am.filipino)

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/i.am.filipino/photos/a.10151801282811939.1073741853.106259116938/10152283357396939


EmoticonEmoticon